Our Circuit covers much of eastern Lincolnshire from the coastal strip to the Wolds. Land use varies from caravan sites and the holiday industry to farming. There is a mix of rural Market Towns, coastal communities, rural villages and hamlets. East Lincolnshire has a large retired population doubling in the summer months. Our churches have a traditional Methodist culture with some developing Fresh Expressions of Church. Our churches vary in size from a large Church (membership 201) in Louth, a market town, to coastal, seaside towns as well as small villages and hamlets with a few regular worshippers and many with regular outreach events
That all are loved and have the opportunity to have a living relationship with God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Our churches grouped geographically into 3 Clusters, each cluster having a minister with pastoral oversight. Our current staffing includes 2 Presbyters, two supernumeraries and one Lay Worker (with pastoral oversight). Others assist as Lay Pastors.
To live out our lives in faith and worship and to share the love of God with all who live in or visit the area.
Our mission is to act within the grace and love of God towards all we meet. Within our churches our mission is to build and share faith, and develop our understanding of need through training. In 2016-2018 we commit ourselves to fulfilling this mission through the following projects:
- To create and sustain a Coastal / Caravan Chaplaincy
- To support our Parish Nurses in Wainfleet
- To support all who work in schools, further and higher education
- To maintain and develop Hospital / Health Care and Care Home Chaplaincies across the Circuit
- To work with the Winthorpe Community Partnership in Seathorne in the creation of a new Community Centre, with the Church playing an active part.
- To continue our support for our Community Chaplain in North Somercotes
- To engage with the District Local Church Pastor scheme and support our current Lay Pastors
- To develop our support for Worship Leaders and Local Preachers
Our vision is each of our churches to be the heart of their community and that in the next 6 years we will see both a growth in membership and a greater depth in confidence from our discipleship. To achieve this we have committed to a collaborative, mission-shaped approach to ministry, working ecumenically wherever practicable.
We value our Christian heritage and Methodist tradition as a movement for mission. We seek to be honest, transparent and welcoming in all our activities, serving all to whom we are called; Safeguarding is a high priority.